The Multiple Health And Longevity Benefits Of CoQ
Among the documented health and longevity benefits of CoQ are the:
1. Generation of energy in every cell tissue, and organ of the body;
2. Prevention and treatment of a wide variety of cardiovascular diseases, including congestive heart failure, angina pectoris (heart pain), cardiac arrhythmias, high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis;
3. Prevention and treatment of cancer of the breast, lung, colon, prostate, and other types of cancer;
4. Treatment of several types of muscular dystrophy;
5. Treatment of periodontal disease;
6. Protection against ischemic damage from accidents and surgical procedures, especially in the heart;
7. Protection against the side effects of toxic drugs;
8. Protection against the cellular damage of excessive free radical activity;
9. Slowing of various aspects of the aging process leading to the extension of mean lifespan (in animal studies).
As an antioxidant, Coenzyme Q10 helps protect your body against the harmful effects of toxins and also aids the absorption of beneficial vitamins and minerals. Antioxidants are sometimes credited with boosting weight loss, possibly due to their energising effect on the body helping increase the fat-burning benefits of exercise.
Coenzyme Q10 has been used for heart problems (e.g., heart failure, angina), high blood pressure, Parkinson's disease, gum disease, and certain diseases passed down through families (Huntington's disease, muscular dystrophy). It has also been used for preventing migraineheadaches and for preventing cell damage that may occur after surgery or treatment with certain anti-cancer drugs.
EPA and DHA are vital nutrients and may be taken to maintain healthy function of the following: Brain and Retina- DHA is a building block of tissue in the brain and retina of the eye. It helps with forming neural transmitters, such as phosphatidylserine, which is important for brain function. DHA is found in the retina of the eye and taking DHA may be necessary for maintaining healthy levels of DHA for normal eye function.
Cardiovascular system - EPA and DHA are converted into hormone like substances called prostaglandins, and they regulate cell activity and healthy cardiovascular function.
Human growth and intellectual development - DHA plays a very important role during fetal development, early infancy, and old age.
There are other benefits to taking EPA and DHA because it also plays as a source of energy, it insulates the body against heat loss, prevents skin from drying and flaking, and cushions tissues and organs.
FISH OIL: For a healthy heart
To protect the heart, one should eat food containing fish oil. It has omega 3 that reduces the risk of heart diseases. It reduces the levels of LDL cholesterol, which is bad cholesterol, and increases the HDL levels or the good cholesterol. Thus fish oil can help to avoid heart strokes.