This essential oil is rich in phytic acid, sapiens, and trigonelline. These nutrients, along with antioxidants, endow fenugreek oil with the power to fight viruses, cancer tumors, and free radicals which lead to aging. Useful for diabetics, fenugreek oil has been cited in medical studies as a supplement that can lower blood sugar; this is its most common use. The herbal oil increases insulin receptors and encourages better metabolizing of glucose. Functioning of the pancreas, the primary organ responsible for insulin secretion, becomes more efficient with fenugreek supplementation,
Another primary boon of fenugreek oil is that it acts as a phytoestrogen, mimicking the female hormone that regulates ovulation, lactation, and overall female sexual development. The fauxestrogen in fenugreek has been known to create rounder, fuller breasts and to increase milk production in women who are lactating.
15 health benefits of methi (fenugreek):
- Increase breast milk production
- Induce and ease child birth
- Ease women’s health problems
- Breast Enlargement
- Reduce cholesterol
- Reduce cardiovascular risk
- Control diabetes
- Aid digestion
- Cure acid reflux or heartburn
- Remedy for fever and sore throat
- Prevent colon cancer
- Lose weight by suppressing appetite
It is especially useful for women as it can be used for a wide variety of female diseases. It treats many vaginal diseases because it contains a substance which has a similar composition to the female hormone estrogen. It is useful for sexual stimulation, menopause symptoms and breast enlargement. It is also widely used for increasing breast milk as it contains a substance that leads to increasing prolactin production, which induces breast milk secretion.
- It stimulates insulin action and reduces sugar absorption from the digestive tract, so it reduces blood sugar within 21 days.
- It also reduces cholesterol and triglyceride.
It is useful for treating stomach ulcers because its substances form a protective layer in the stomach.
- It is useful for eyes, for treating asthma and lung diseases and for treating nasal sinus problems by extricating mucus.
- It treats tonsillitis and diphtheria. It is useful to relieve cough associated with tuberculosis.
- It is appetizing
- It is anti-spasmodic and treats muscle pain and rheumatism.
- It is a cancer cell inhibitor.
- It is used for topical infections, burns and sores.
- It treats whitlow.
- It treats eczema and foot sores. It removes skin cracks. It protects feet from freezing.
It treats breast abscesses and abscesses caused by blockage of anal fistula.